Broken Arrow Residential Treatment Services is designed to accommodate children or youth from birth up to eighteen years of age of either gender. Sibling groups will also be considered. The program is able to meet the needs of a wide range of children from those who have experienced placement or family disruptions to those who have complex, severe, or multiple clinical needs. Children/youth who have experienced personal trauma such as abuse and those children with attachment resistant profiles will be considered. Children with anxiety disorders, oppositional defiant disorders, or conduct disorders will also be considered for placement.
Children/youth with major mental health difficulties such as schizophrenia, mood disorders, personality disorders, developmental delays or a sexually offending background would also be considered on a case by case basis. Broken Arrow also will provide continuity of placement after the age of 18 when deemed appropriate.
The home study process begins with contacting Broken Arrow and having a discussion about the current needs for a foster home. You may ask any questions that will assist you in making your decision.
An application form is completed and an initial appointment is scheduled. This process consists of family and individual meetings in order to determine the best match for your home.
Click here to fill out our Treatment Foster Care Home Study Application
The following documentation is required prior to the final approval of the application consists of:
- An up to date criminal reference check that includes vulnerable sector screening
– Medical referral
– Five written references
– Water test
– Minimum of 1 000 000 liability on both car and home insurance
– Valid driver’s licence
– Children’s Aid Society check
– A completed safety assessment of the home
– Each family member living in the home will be interviewed as they will be a part of the foster family
– Any other person over the age of 18 who resides in the home will need to be interviewed and have a criminal record check completed